Who is eligible for the
Elder Benefits Specialist Services?
Anyone 60 years of age or older who is having a problem in securing a public or private benefit is eligible for the Elder Benefit Specialist Program.
Rock County Residents 60+ can contact Lachel Fowler at 608-757-5414 or at the Council on Aging Website.
How can an
Elder Benefit Specialist help you?
- Provide accurate and current information on your benefits.
- Suggest alternative actions that you can take to secure benefits or appeal denials of benefits.
- Advocate on your behalf with other parties.
- Explain what legal action or other possible solution is required.
- Refer you to an appropriate attorney when necessary.
What programs can an
Elder Benefits Specialist help with?
- Medicare; Medicare Part D
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Social Security;
- Medical Assistance
- Consumer problems
- Age discrimination in employment
- Homestead Tax Credit
- Housing problems
- Supportive Home Services
- Food Stamps
- Other legal and benefit problems