Judges Assigned to Family Matters
Family Court is part of the Civil Division. However, your case may be assigned to any of the judges listed above.
In family law cases, all final hearings are conducted and all final orders are issued, by the Judges. Until the matter is ready for a final hearing (scheduled at a pretrial conference by the Judge) temporary orders in Family court are entered by Family Court Commissioners.
While it would be impossible to provide all the necessary information to address every family legal matter, we’ve tried to include key facts and resources to answer your general questions. Please contact the Family Court Commissioner if you need further assistance.
- Information provided at this site is not a substitute for legal advice.
- By law, the Family Court Commissioner and staff cannot give you legal advice.
- If you need legal advice, please consult an attorney.
- We make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site.
- While you can appear in Family Court without an attorney, an attorney's help may:
- Increase your chances of getting what you want in your case.
- Prevent future misunderstandings.
- Save you time and money by making sure things are done right the first time.
Rock County Courthouse
51 South Main Street
Janesville, WI 53545
Phone: (608) 757-5547
Fax: (608) 757-5556
Monday - Friday Hours:
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM