Economic Support

The Economic Support Division determines eligibility for Medical Assistance (MA), Badger Care Plus (BC+), FoodShare (FS) and ChildCare (CC).

Do you have a change to report for your Food Share, Healthcare or other programs of assistance?

Representatives are ready to take your call.
Southern Consortium Call Center
Serving Crawford Grant, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Lafayette & Rock Counties
(Toll Free) 1-888-794-5780
Fax: 1-855-293-1822
Hours: M-F, 8:30am – 4:00pm (excluding holidays)
Changes may also be reported on-line at

Changes affecting benefits that you receive through Rock County Economic Support should be reported to our Call/Change Reporting Center and by calling your change can be handled immediately and you will know the status of your benefits. 

Some changes that should be reported to the Change Reporting Center are:

  • Birth of a child
  • Address changes
  • Changes in income or assets
  • People moving in or out of the household
  • Changes in expenses

You can also mail any changes to:
    Centralized Document Processing Unit
    PO Box 5234
    Janesville, WI 53547-5234
    - or -
    FAX to 1-855-293-1822

To complete an online application visit or call 1-888-794-5780.

Economic Support Case workers will continue to process initial applications, reviews, six-month report forms, and Child Care Authorizations.

Economic Support Featured Programs

FoodShare provided assistance for people of all ages who have a job but have low incomes, are living on small or fixed income, have lost their job, retired or are disabled and not able to work, buy the food they need for good health. For more information visit

Medical Assistance

Wisconsin’s ForwardHealth Medicaid plans for Elderly, Blind or Disabled provide healthcare for those who are age 65 or older, blind or disabled, with income at or below the monthly program limit, and who are United States citizens or legal immigrants.  For more information visit:

BadgerCare Plus

BadgerCare Plus is a program for children under 19 years of age and families in Wisconsin who need and want health insurance. BadgerCare Plus Core plan is a program for long-term uninsured adults ages 19 through 64 who do not have children or do not have dependent children under age 19 living with them.  BadgerCare Plus Basic plan is a limited benefit health care plan for individuals on the Core Plan Wait List.  For more information, visit

Energy Services

Provides administration of the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program for Rock County, which assists low income individuals meet their heating and energy needs through services that include, but are not limited to: emergency fuel assistance, counseling for energy conservation and energy budgets, pro-active co-payment plans, targeted outreach services, emergency furnace repair and replacement. To learn more about the WHEAP program services please visit

Helpful Resources


Rock County, State of Wisconsin
All Rights Reserved