April Heim, ESS Division Manager
[email protected]


     Economic Support Resources [pdf]


The Economic Support Division determines eligibility for Medical Assistance (MA), Badger Care Plus (BC+), FoodShare (FS) and ChildCare (CC).

Southern Consortium Call Center

Do you have a change to report for your
Food Share, Healthcare or other programs
of assistance? 
Representatives are ready to take your call.

Serving Crawford Grant, Green, Iowa,
Jefferson, Lafayette & Rock Counties

(Toll Free) 1-888-794-5780
Fax: 1-855-293-1822

Hours: M-F, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
(excluding holidays)

Changes may also be reported
on-line at access.wi.gov

Changes Affecting Benefits

Changes affecting benefits that you receive through Rock County Economic Support should be reported to our Call/Change Reporting Center and by calling your change can be handled immediately and you will know the status of your benefits.

Some changes that should be reported to the Change Reporting Center:

  • Birth of a child
  • Address changes
  • Changes in income or assets
  • People moving in or out of the household
  • Changes in expenses

More Contact Information

You can also mail any changes to:

Centralized Document Processing Unit
PO Box 5234
Janesville, WI 53547-5234

- or -

FAX to 1-855-293-1822

To complete an online application, visit http://www.access.wisconsin.gov
or call 1-888-794-5780.

Economic Support Case workers will continue to process initial applications, reviews, six-month report forms, and Child Care Authorizations.

Economic Support Featured Programs


FoodShare provides assistance for people of all ages who have a job but have low incomes, are living on small or fixed income, have lost their job, retired or are disabled and not able to work, to buy the food they need for good health.  

Wisconsin FoodShare Website

Medical Assistance

Wisconsin’s ForwardHealth Medicaid plans for Elderly, Blind or Disabled provide healthcare for those who are age 65 or older, blind or disabled, with income at or below the monthly program limit, and who are United States citizens or legal immigrants. For more information visit: http://dhs.wisconsin.gov/medicaid/index.htm

BadgerCare Plus

BadgerCare Plus is a program for children under 19 years of age and families in Wisconsin who need and want health insurance. BadgerCare Plus Core plan is a program for long-term uninsured adults ages 19 through 64 who do not have children or do not have dependent children under age 19 living with them. BadgerCare Plus Basic plan is a limited benefit health care plan for individuals on the Core Plan Wait List. For more information, visit the BadgerCare Plus Website

Child Care

The Wisconsin Shares Child Care Subsidy Program assists families with a portion of child care costs while parents are working or participating in activities that will lead to work and economic self-sufficiency. Such Activities include the Wisconsin Works Program (W-2), participation in work experience or job search components of the FoodShare Employment and Training Program (FSET), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), or an eligible educational activity combined with employment.

Parents are required to pay the difference between what the child care provider charges for care and what Wisconsin Shares pays the provider. This is considered the "Parent Share."

To find qualified child care providers or to become a certified child care provider ~

Child Care Resource and Referral: Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C), 5 Odana Court, Madison, WI, 53719, 800/750-KIDS www.4-c.org

Youngstar: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/youngstar/parents

Energy Services

Provides administration of the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program for Rock County, which assists low income individuals meet their heating and energy needs through services that include, but are not limited to: emergency fuel assistance, counseling for energy conservation and energy budgets, pro-active co-payment plans, targeted outreach services, emergency furnace repair and replacement. To learn more about the WHEAP program services please visit http://homeenergyplus.wi.gov/category.asp?linkcatid=239

Go to top