About the Circuit Court
- Wisconsin's counties are grouped into 10 judicial administrative districts.
- There is a Supreme Court appointed chief judge in each district, who may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms and who supervises and directs the administration of the district.
- Each chief judge appoints a deputy chief judge to act in the event of his or her absence or unavailability.
- A professional district court administrator and a court management assistant assist the chief judge.
Divisions of Circuit Court
- The seven branches of Rock County Circuit Court are divided into three divisions: Civil, Criminal, and Juvenile
- Three branches are designated for civil cases, three branches are assigned to criminal matters, and one branch is appointed to hear juvenile matters.
Jurisdiction of the Circuit Court
- Circuit Courts have original jurisdiction in all civil and criminal matters written within the state, including probate, juvenile, and traffic matters, as well as civil and criminal jury trials.
Rock County Courthouse
51 South Main Street
Janesville, WI 53545
Phone: (608) 743-2200
Fax: (608) 743-2223
Monday - Friday Hours:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Clerk of Courts
The Clerk of Courts does