About the Program
In 2006 Rock County applied for a “Treatment Alternatives and Diversion” Grant through the Office of Justice Assistance. Rock County was selected by OJA as a recipient of the Grant and was awarded approximately $160,000.00 effective January 1, 2007.
The Grant money was used to fund the program and its purpose was to provide treatment to offenders with substance abuse issues as opposed to incarcerating them – thus saving jail beds and at the same time reducing recidivism.
Treatment consists of:
- Cognitive Interventions
- Anger management
- Individual Counseling
- Family reunification
- Financial Planning
- Referral Service for: Employment, Housing, Education, Specialized needs
- Rock County Resident
- Referred from Drug Treatment Court or Criminal Court
- No convictions for violent felony offenses. No convictions for violent misdemeanor offenses within the last three years.
- No indication of the presence of a weapon during commission of present offense.
- Willingness to address substance use, abuse or dependence.
Participants enter the program through an agreement with the District Attorney’s office – which is then presented to the Court for their approval. The DA will agree to dismiss or significantly reduce the defendant’s current criminal charge in exchange for successful completion of the Drug Court Program. The Department of Corrections may also refer clients as an Alternative to Revocation.
Drug Court Program
303 West Court Street
Janesville, WI 53548
Phone: (608) 743-1736
Fax: (608) 743-1759