Clean Sweep is an annual drop-off for HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS from homes, farms, and eligible businesses.
Clean Sweep is open to all Rock County residents. Due to high demand, advance registration is required for all events. 608-754-6617 ext. 4758
Home & Farm program - Registration is CLOSED for Janesville. We do have a waiting list to fill cancellations. Anyone paying full vendor cost may still sign-up (serious inquiries only).
Business Program - Registration closes Friday, August 15th at 5 pm. Scroll to bottom for details. Last chance to used ag chemical discount!
* * * * * * *
New rates for 2019 and what to bring (Home & Farm)
SEE UPDATES (above) - Saturday, August 24, 9 am - 11 am, Rock County DPW garage, 3715 Newville Rd, Janesville WI 53545
- WHAT NOT TO BRING - see section below.
- HOUSEHOLD CHEMICAL DISPOSAL guide (pdf)
- RECYCLER LIST (pdf) - year-round drop-offs for motor oil, fluorescent bulbs & ballasts, batteries, electronics, paint recycling (latex and oil-based). Updated April 2018.
- TARGETED WASTES - Mercury, Alar, Aldicarb, Aldrin, Arsenic family, Atrazine, Bromophos, Cadmium chloride, Captan, Chlorpyrifos, Chlordane, Chlordecone, Creosote, Cyanazine, Cyanide, Daminozide, DDT family, Dicofol, Dieldrin, Dinoseb, Endosulfan, Endrin, Ethylene dibromide (EDB), Fenchlorphos, Heptachlor, Isobenzan, Isodrin, Kelthane, Kepone, Lead paint, Leptophos, Lindane, Metam sodium, Methoxychlor, Mirex, Parathion, Pentachlorophenol (penta), Pendimethalin, Silvex, Sodium fluoride & acetate, Strychnine, Tepp, Thallium sulfate, Toxaphene, Trifluralin; 2,4,5-T or 2,4,5-TP.
- BUSINESS Program (details at bottom).
YEAR-ROUND SERVICE is available at Dane County Clean Sweep (608-838-3212) (non-Dane County resident fee of $75/trip, restrictions and large load fees may apply; no latex paint or electronics; not affiliated with Rock County Clean Sweep).
What not to bring:
- NO LATEX PAINT, motor oil**, batteries**, lamp ballasts, what to do and what to RECYCLE (pdf) / Earth 911 recycle by ZIP code (nationwide).
- NO medications or sharps. Drug drop-off boxes (countywide) / Sharps program (nationwide)
- NO electronics. RECYCLER LIST (local), check with your solid waste hauler or look up services by county (statewide).
- NO smoke alarms, propane or high-pressure cylinders, infectious or biological wastes, explosives (detonators, blasting caps, ammunition), radioactive chemicals/devices.
- WI residents - Dane County, Green County, Jefferson County, and Walworth County.
- IL residents - Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful / 815-637-1343
Who can use Business Clean Sweep? Any Wisconsin business, school or agency that generates under 220 pounds of hazardous waste in a month and stores less than 2,205 pounds of hazardous waste in a year may be eligible as a VSQG (Very Small Quantity Generator) to use a Clean Sweep drop-off site for the cost of disposal only - no vendor mobilization costs. Rock County Clean Sweep is not affiliated with Dane County Clean Sweep, programs may vary.
To use sites in Rock County:
- Free no-obligation quote for businesses. Vendor - 715-298-2623. Program questions - 608-754-6617 ext. 4758.
- Herbicides and ag chemicals - get up to 50% off disposal cost while finds available. Must be a Rock County business, school, municipality, or organization. Ask when you get your free quote.
To use Dane County Business Clean Sweep (open year round):
- Dane County Business Clean Sweep
- Appointments required.
- Disposal fees apply.
- Ag chemical discount does not apply for Rock County farms or businesses that use Dane County service.
The mention of businesses is not an endorsement by Rock County Land Conservation Department or any agency associated with Clean Sweep. For corrections to content, please call Rock County Land Conservation Department, 608-754-6617 ext. 3. Clean Sweep in Rock County is made possible through an annual grant from the Wisconsin Department of Ag, Trade and Consumer Protection and sustaining donations from the Cities of Beloit, Janesville, Edgerton; Towns of Fulton, La Prairie, Harmony, Bradford, Rock, Turtle, Beloit, Center, Clinton, Avon, Janesville, Lima, Porter, Magnolia; Village of Clinton; and Rock County.