Call (608) 757-5054
Mini Bus Service within Rock County
Rock County provides specialized transportation services designed for use by elderly or disabled persons. To be eligible for specialized transit services, an individual must be at least 55 years of age, or be disabled.
Transportation services are provided to all areas within Rock County in Mini buses that are equipped to handle wheelchairs.
If you need a ride to a medical appointment outside of Rock County, please refer to the RIDES program.
About the Service
- The service is door-to-door, meaning the passenger must be able to use the Mini bus independently, or with some assistance (no wheelchairs down steps).
- Transportation is available throughout the county Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Trips are scheduled by calling Specialized Transit by 12:00 PM two(2) days before the scheduled appointment. The schedule often fills up one week or more in advance, so please call early.
- Passengers can expect to be picked up from fifteen (15) minutes before to fifteen (15) minutes after the scheduled pick-up time.
- Once the appointment is finished, a call to Specialized Transit will bring the van back to take the passenger home.
- Trips within your own community (Example: Beloit-to-Beloit or Janesville-to-Janesville)
- One way trip: $5.00 / ride
- or -
- Purchase a ticket package: $50.00 (10 rides @ $5.00 / ride)
- Trips to another community (Example: Beloit-to-Janesville or Edgerton-to-Janesville)
- One way trip: $6.00 / ride
- or -
- Purchase a ticket package: $60.00 (10 rides @ $6.00 / ride)
Rock County Transportation Resources Brochure
The Rock County Council on Aging operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the Rock County Council on Aging.
For more information on the Rock County civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact 608-757-5472; email
; or visit our administrative office at 3328 U.S. Highway 51 North, Janesville, WI 53545.
If information is needed in another language, contact 608-757-5472.