- Examine your tax notice carefully. The Treasurer is not responsible for payments sent for the wrong property.
- Property owners who have an escrow account with the mortgage company holding the lien on their property will still receive the tax notice, but it is up to the owner to confirm with the mortgage company how and when the property taxes will be paid.
- If total taxes due per parcel is greater than $100:
- You have the option to pay the first installment of the annual taxes on January 31, and then pay the balance by July 31.
- City of Beloit property owners have the option to pay in 4 installments.
- If your total tax due per parcel is greater than $100, and you choose to pay the entire amount, your due date is January 31.
- If total taxes due per parcel is $100 or less:
- The full amount is due by January 31st (s74.11(7) or 74.12 & 74.5 Wis. Stats.)
Real Estate Payment Dates for Current Year Taxes
- All of Rock County (except City of Beloit)
- 1st Payment or Payment in Full
- 2nd Payment
- Due July 31
- Pay to County Treasurer only
- City of Beloit Only
- All City of Beloit payments are paid directly to the County Treasurer
- Due Dates
- 1st Payment - January 31
- 2nd Payment - March 31
- 3rd Payment - May 31
- 4th Payment - July 31
Personal Property Payment Dates for Current Year Taxes
- All personal property taxes, except improvements on leased land, are due in full by January 31
Failure to Pay On Time
- If you choose to pay your real estate taxes in installments, then you must pay each installment timely or the TOTAL amount of your remaining unpaid taxes, special assessments, special charges and special taxes (if any) will be delinquent (s 74.11(7) or 74.12 & 74.85, Wis. Stats.) All delinquent taxes are subject to interest of 1.5% per month (fraction of a month counts as a whole month) from February 1 until paid.
- Taxes that are considered delinquent on February 1st will begin accruing interest at the rate of 18% per annum pro-rated at 1.5% per month as of the first day of each month thereafter. Taxes that are considered delinquent on August 1st begin accruing interest at the rate of 18% per annum pro-rated at 1.5% per month as of the first day of each month (fraction of a month counts as a whole month) from February 1 until paid. (s74.11(7) or 74.12 & 74.5 Wis. Stats.)