Virtual Marriage License Application Option
Virtual Marriage License Applications - Due to COVID-19, we have implemented a virtual marriage license application process. Marriage licenses will be issued virtually between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- To apply virtually, you will need a mobile device or computer capable of video conferencing and printer capability.
- You must apply together and have the following documents:
Government issued certified birth certificate (original, no copies)
- Photo ID – (unexpired government issued)
- Proof of residency (driver's license or state I.D., utility bill, bank or credit card statement, or lease agreement)
- Each applicant must provide their Social Security number if they have one.
- If you were previously married, a filed copy including judge’s signature of the final judgment of divorce, a certified divorce certificate, legal annulment, or certified death certificate, whichever ended the last marriage.
- You must supply the date and location of marriage in Wisconsin.
- You must provide the name, address and telephone number of the officiant performing the wedding ceremony.
- To schedule a time to apply, call (608)757-5660 or email [email protected]
- Payment must be made by debit/credit. There is an additional charge of 2.2%.
Courthouse Weddings - Courthouse weddings are suspended until further notice. Call our office for an alternate option.