Public Records Request
To make an open records request or for more information on this topic, please contact the County Clerk at 608-757-5660 or by email, [email protected].
If the County Clerk's Office is not the custodian of the public record, the request will be forwarded to the correct office.
Records request exceeding $5.00 require prepayment. Rock County Clerk's Office also charges the actual, necessary and direct costs for copies of records, which are established as follows:
- Location costs. When the cost of locating a record exceed $50.00, the actual, necessary and direct cost of locating the record will be charged. See Wis. Stat. § 19.35(3)(c).
- Copying costs. $0.15 per page for the copying of customary and ordinary 8½ by 11 hard copy records. The requestor may request the copying of a large volume of records on an expedited basis by a bonded copying service in which case, if approved by the Department, the requestor would pay the rate charged by the service.
- IT costs. The County charges $95.00 per hour for the production of a computer record which is not in a readily comprehensible form to obtain the information from the computer database and assemble and reduce such information to written form on paper.
- Digital formats. The actual cost of purchasing a new digital storage media will be charged to the requestor. Due to security reasons, we will not use digital storage media provided by the requestor.
- Mailing costs. The actual, necessary and direct cost of mailing or shipping of copies of records shall be paid by the requestor.