Human Services Update Regarding COVID-19
March 19, 2020
The Rock County Human Services Department is committed to ongoing service delivery while working to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure to our clients and citizens, as well as the staff who support them. Essential services continue to be delivered, with modifications to utilize phone and internet when possible. Please note that with the exception of the Job Center, all Human Services Department locations (Health Care Center, Eclipse Center, Franklin Street Clinic, Court Street Clinic, ADRC) are closed to the general public.
Status of specific program operations and modifications are below:
- The Aging and Disability Resource Center’s physical office is closed, however ADRC workers continue to be available by phone, taking calls to assist our frail elders and adults with physical and developmental disabilities. Adult Protective Services staff continue to respond to concerns regarding vulnerable adults. If you have needs from the ADRC or Adult Protective Services, please call 608-741-3600 and an Information & Assistance worker will assist you.
- Economic Support Services/Southern Consortium Call Center continues to operate to facilitate eligibility determination and ongoing access to benefits including Foodshare, Medicaid and Child Care assistance. The Southern Consortium call center can be reached by calling: 1-888-794-5780 or online at access.wi.gov
- Rock County Crisis Services continues to be available 24 hours a day to respond to emergency mental health needs in Rock County. Crisis Intervention is working daily with community partners to coordinate services within current public health guidelines related to social distancing practices, while prioritizing clients’ behavioral health needs. Rock County Crisis can be reached at 608-757-5025.
- Behavioral Health Outpatient Clinics at Franklin Street and Court Street are closed to the public and staff are providing services and supports via phone and internet to reduce in-person contact.
- Community based Behavioral Health Services including Comprehensive Community Services and the Community Support Program continue to operate to provide treatment, medication management and psychosocial support to clients. Individualized modifications to service plans have been made as appropriate and contact with clients is occurring via phone vs. in-person when possible to reduce unnecessary instances of person-to-person contact.
- Child Protective Services continues to assess and respond to calls related to child abuse and neglect and deliver essential services and supports to children and families. Likewise, Youth Justice and Children’s Long Term Support are providing essential services to children, youth and families while taking steps to limit in-person contact when possible.
Key Human Services Department Phone Numbers:
- Human Services Department main number: 608-757-5200
- Crisis Intervention: 608-757-5025
- Behavioral Health Intake line (non-emergency mental health needs): 608-757-5229
- Child abuse and neglect Access line: 608-757-5401
- Southern Consortium Call Center: 1-888-794-5780
- Aging and Disability Resource Center: 608-741-3600
As the current situation changes, new decisions and modifications may be necessary and we will communicate these via our website as they occur.
Updates to Service Delivery at the Rock County Job Center
March 27, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 Crisis, the Rock County Job Center is closed to the general public. Services continue to be delivered by Job Center agencies via telephone and internet.
The front vestibule of the Job Center will remain unlocked during business hours. A phone is available inside the front vestibule for customers to contact any Job Center agencies for assistance.
Those with documents to drop off are asked to use the drop box located outside the front door of the Job Center. Staff will be collecting the documents several times each day.
Mail for those without a fixed address as well as pre-approved temporary Food Share cards can be picked up at the front doors of the Job Center Monday-Friday between 10:00-11:00 am and 3:00-4:00 pm. PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO VERIFY IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO PICK UP 608-741-3400.
The Resource Room will be closed to the public until further notice.
Job Service will continue to provide services via phone and can be reached at 608-901-5700 to answer general questions and for individualized assistance.
Forward Service Corp. is not accepting walk-ins to the Emergency Assistance and Eligibility kiosks. For questions regarding Emergency Assistance and to apply, call 800-771-8420. For questions regarding Wisconsin Works (W-2), and to apply, call 855-733-1311.
The Southern Consortium call center (Foodshare, Medicaid, Child Care) can be reached by calling: 1-888-794-5780 or online at access.wi.gov
Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) will have staff on-site only for scheduled appointments. If a CCS consumer has a need, he or she should contact the service facilitator. General questions can be directed to the main phone 608-741-3500.
The Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) is providing services via telephone M-F
8-4:30: call 608-741-3600.
Contact information for other Job Center agencies:
- FoodShare Employment and Training (FSET) – 608-314-3300 ext. 335
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Ace (WIOA) – 608-295-6812
- Windows to Work – Rock County 608-314-3300 ext. 302, SW Counties 608-342-4220 ext. 228
- Independent Living – 608-314-3300 ext. 334
- Community Solutions – [email protected]
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) – 800-228-2648
- Other programs or questions – 608-314-3300 ext. 305