Community Support Program (CSP)
WHAT IS CSP?
Community Support Programs (CSPs) are outpatient treatment programs that provide behavioral health treatment to individuals living with serious and persistent mental illness (Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Psychosis NOS, etc.). Besides having a specific diagnosis, those who are eligible have had frequent recent or past hospitalizations, struggle to get the support they need with office-based treatment and tend to benefit from assertive community-based assistance and support.
WHAT TREATMENT AND SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE?
The treatment provided is recovery-focused, person-centered and community-based. Being community-based allows treatment services to be provided in the community rather than requiring the client to come to the office. However, each person has input into where they would like to receive their treatment. Treatment is individualized based on the client’s needs and goals.
The services CSP will provide are based on assessed need and recommendations. Program participants can also request certain services such as help with finding employment or returning to school.
The following list is an example of services provided:
- Medication management, monitoring and nursing services
- Psychosocial rehabilitation
- Social opportunities
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Benefit/case management and connection to resources
- Vocational rehabilitation
In addition to these services, participants are involved in treatment plan meetings every six months to identify their goals and incorporate those goals into their treatment.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Individuals who are eligible for CSP tend to meet the following criteria:
- Have a diagnosis of a serious and persistent mental illness (Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Psychosis NOS)
- Have had repeated hospitalizations, incarcerations, or needed stabilization over a lengthy period of time
- Have ongoing struggles with meeting goals at home, work, school or socially
- Continue to be at risk of causing harm to self or others without a higher level of service
- There is a record that the person would benefit from a higher than outpatient level of service
HOW DO CLIENTS PAY FOR SERVICES?
CSP is a Medicaid funded program. Participants must be eligible for Medicaid or BadgerCare. You may also choose to pay for services out-of-pocket on a sliding fee scale. Medicare can also be billed for certain CSP services. Payment information will be clarified with you at admission.
HOW DO I LEARN MORE AND REQUEST SERVICES?
For more information, contact one of the Rock County CSPs listed below:
113 S. Franklin St.
Janesville, WI 53548
64 Eclipse Center
Beloit, WI 53511
To make a referral to CSP, please call the Rock County Intake and Access line: 608-757-5229
Amy Cottington, Program Manager