Clean Sweep is an annual drop-off for HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS from homes, farms, and eligible businesses.
Clean Sweep is open to all Rock County residents. Due to high demand, advance registration is required for all events.
Clean Sweep - Next events coming June and August 2022. Call us to receive a sign-up reminder for Clean Sweep 2022. 608-754-6617 ext. 3 or e-mail [email protected]
- Year-round service is available at Dane County Clean Sweep. Dane County Clean Sweep is not affiliated with Rock County Clean Sweep. Separate fees and conditions apply.
* * * * * * *
What to bring to Clean Sweep and rates for Homes & Farms (pdf)
Please review what we take and don't take, the recycler list, and priority wastes.
- NOT ACCEPTED AT CLEAN SWEEP - see section below.
- HOUSEHOLD CHEMICAL DISPOSAL guide (pdf) What is generally okay for trash, recycle, drains (septic or city sewer), and what to save for Clean Sweep.
- RECYCLER LIST (pdf) - year-round drop-offs for motor oil, fluorescent bulbs & ballasts, batteries, electronics, paint recycling (latex and oil-based).
- PRIORITY WASTES - Mercury, Alar, Aldicarb, Aldrin, Arsenic family, Atrazine, Bromophos, Cadmium chloride, Captan, Chlorpyrifos, Chlordane, Chlordecone, Creosote, Cyanazine, Cyanide, Daminozide, DDT family, Dicofol, Dieldrin, Dinoseb, Endosulfan, Endrin, Ethylene dibromide (EDB), Fenchlorphos, Heptachlor, Isobenzan, Isodrin, Kelthane, Kepone, Lead paint, Leptophos, Lindane, Metam sodium, Methoxychlor, Mirex, Parathion, Pentachlorophenol (penta), Pendimethalin, Silvex, Sodium fluoride & acetate, Strychnine, Tepp, Thallium sulfate, Toxaphene, Trifluralin; 2,4,5-T or 2,4,5-TP.
- RATES for Rock County Clean Sweep loads (box = 12" x 18" x 10" file box or similar sized container)
- One 5-qt pail of items = $5
- Up to 2 boxes or 5-gallon buckets total = $10 each
- 3 boxes or 5-gallon buckets = $40
- More than 3 boxes or 5-gallon buckets = inventory required, vendor rates apply.
- BUSINESS Program (details at bottom).
DO NOT bring:
- NO LATEX PAINT, motor oil, batteries, lamp ballasts, what to do and what to RECYCLE (pdf) / Earth 911 recycle by ZIP code (nationwide).
- NO medications or sharps. Drug drop-off boxes (countywide) / Sharps program (nationwide)
- NO electronics. RECYCLER LIST (local), check with your solid waste hauler or look up services by county (statewide).
- NO smoke alarms, propane or high-pressure cylinders, infectious or biological wastes, explosives (detonators, blasting caps, ammunition), radioactive chemicals/devices.
YEAR-ROUND SERVICE is available at Dane County Clean Sweep (608-838-3212). Not affiliated with Rock County Clean Sweep. Non-Dane County resident fee of $75/trip, restrictions and large load fees may apply. $10/trip for Dane County residents. Businesses must use Dane County Business Clean Sweep.All adjoining WI and IL counties have hazardous waste collections for their residents. Programs are not affiliated, separate rates and rules apply.
- WI residents - Dane County, Green County, Jefferson County, and Walworth County.
- IL residents - Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful / 815-637-1343
Who can use Business Clean Sweep? Any Wisconsin business, school or agency that generates -
- under 220 pounds of hazardous waste in a month and
- stores less than 2,205 pounds of hazardous waste in a year
To use sites in Rock County:
- Free no-obligation quote for businesses. Vendor - 715-298-2623. Program questions - 608-754-6617 ext. 4758.
To use Dane County Business Clean Sweep (open year round):
- Dane County Business Clean Sweep
- Appointments required.
- Disposal fees apply.
- Ag chemical discount does not apply for Rock County farms or businesses that use Dane County service.
Empty pesticide containers from growers and commercial applicators: Free pick-up of empty and rinsed ag chemical jugs and barrels 55-gallons. Free or low-cost service for IBCs, and shuttles.G. Phillips & Sons, Midwest vendor for Ag Container Recycling Council:
- Jugs and barrels - 248-961-3360, [email protected]
- IBC and shuttles - 678-232-6047, [email protected]
This program is made possible with support from the Cities of Beloit, Edgerton, Janesville, Milton; the Towns of Beloit, Bradford, Center, Fulton, Harmony, Janesville, La Prairie, Rock, and Turtle; Rock County and annual state grants from the DATCP Clean Sweep program. Thank you!
The mention of businesses is not an endorsement by Rock County Land Conservation Department or any agency associated with Clean Sweep. For corrections to content, please call Rock County Land Conservation Department, 608-754-6617 ext. 3.