Tree & Shrub Sale
- ORDER FORM (pdf) (updated October 19, 2020)
- Orders accepted September until distribution in April. Order early for best selection before inventory is low or sold out.
- Sale is open to all. Sale questions - call 608-754-6617 ext. 3.
- Orders must be picked up in Janesville, WI on distribution day around mid-April by you or someone on your behalf.
- Bare-root seedlings ranging from 12 - 24 inches depending on species.
- Sold in single-species bundles of 10 for $20, 25 for $27.50, or 50 for $50 plus 5.5% tax.
- We also sell root gel and tree protectors.
In stock: TREES - Bur Oak (18-24"), Fraser Fir (12-16"), Red Oak (18-24"), Sugar Maple (18-24"), White Pine (7-15"), White Spruce (7-15"; LOW, CALL AHEAD); SHRUBS - Nannyberry (18-24"), Silky Dogwood (18-24")
- Our selection of trees and shrubs provide flowers, seeds, nuts, and shelter for pollinators, migrating and resident birds, and other wildlife.
- The table below is a general guide on spacing. For more planning information, see the links at bottom. If some open poorly, call us about a paper copy.
Planters, sprayer, and guides
- Tree planter and tree sprayer rental information. We have two tree planters and one trailer sprayer.
- "Windbreaks that Work!" (poster, large format)(PUBL-FR-070-2003, Wisconsin DNR)
- "Woody Cover for Wildlife" (PUBL-FR-066-12REV, Wisconsin DNR)
- How to plant trees
- Black Walnut - tolerant species. Many native trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants tolerate Black Walnut.