Coronavirus Disease 2019
Due to the Safer at Home Order which became effective at 8 am on Wednesday March 25th, all forms of travel are prohibited unless explicitly excepted. Individuals utilizing mass transit must maintain social distancing of at least six feet as much as possible. Essential travel that is exempt includes:
- Any travel related to essential activities, essential governmental functions, essential businesses and operations, or non-essential businesses’ minimum basic operations.
- Travel to care for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or vulnerable persons.
- Travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving materials for distance learning, for receiving meals, or any other services.
- Travel to return to a place of residence from outside the jurisdiction.
- Travel required by law enforcement or court order, including to transport children pursuant to a custody agreement.
- Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of residence outside Wisconsin.
- Individuals who work outside of Wisconsin are allowed to commute to other states for work purposes, as long as they comply with this order and orders from other states.
The Safer at Home Order is effective until 8 am Fri., April 24, 2020, or until a superseding order is issued.