- The best prevention is to get a flu shot yearly in the fall
- No More Excuses: You Need a Flu Vaccine Newsletter
- You can get the flu vaccine through your doctor or local pharmacies. Those without Medical Assistance or insurance coverage should call the Rock County Public Health Department at 608-757-5440.
- Handwashing is very important to reduce to risk of getting the flu
- Stay home when you are sick. Stay home 24 hours after fever is gone
- Wear facemasks when in public
- Use tissue to cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth