Cops and Bobbers
Cops and Bobbers scheduled for August 17, 2021 at Riverside Park - Harry C. Moore Pavilion in Beloit, WI.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office has teamed up with the Cops and Kids Foundation to offer the Cops and Bobbers fishing program.
The Cops and Kids Foundation is an area nonprofit organization whose programs and services provide law enforcement with the tools necessary to implement award-winning community service.
The primary goal of the Cops and Bobbers program is to teach kids how to fish. The goal of Cops and Bobbers is to get kids hooked on fishing rather than drugs and crime. Kids will get to interact with local cops and form a positive and everlasting relationship.
In 2021, the Sheriff's Office is offering three Cops and Bobbers outings: June 15th at Anchor in Edgerton, July 13th at Kiwanis Pond in Janesville, and August 17th at Riverside Park - Harry C. Moore Pavilion in Beloit.
Who Can Participate?
Each event, there are twenty (20) spots available for kids age 7-12. Parents or guardians of kids interested in participating should complete the online registration form under Cops and Bobbers Event Registration below.
Life jackets, fishing supplies, and a meal will be provided during the event. Registered kids will also receive an event t-shirt.
If you have questions concerning eligibility, registration, or volunteering, please contact Deputy Cisneros at 608-757-7941 or [email protected]
How Can I Become a Sponsor?
- The Sheriff's Office would love to partner with local businesses to reach out to local youth in the community.
- Sponsorships will give local children a chance to learn a positive and rewarding activity, such as fishing. We hope you will join us to help make our community a better place!
- Any local business or individual can sponsor Cops and Bobbers by providing a financial or in-kind donation. Contact us to learn more.
- As a primary sponsor, your logo/name will receive priority placement on all Cops and Bobbers materials including t-shirts, equipment, and gift bags. You can also provide company banners, which can be displayed upon request.
- Participants receive gifts bags at each Cops and Bobbers event. These gift bags contain small promotional products, coupons, flyers, and/or catalogs from your company.
- Cops and Bobbers works hard to garner positive media attention at our outings; they are often frequented by news and print media.
- If you choose to donate equipment and/or products, our participants, volunteers, and parents will be able to use those items in real-life experiences.
If you have any questions or would like more information about this program, please contact Deputy Cisneros, at 608-757-7941. We greatly appreciate your time and consideration.